Grade work is any work done to the existing ground before the paving of actual asphalt begins.
In most cases our graders:
- Remove existing stone and/or driveway if necessary.
- Remove grass, dirt, and debris in order to prepare for stone installation.
- Ensure soil base is sufficient for proper water drainage.
- Install a base of pug mix stone. (pug mix consists of rock, lime, and water. This product, once rolled, provides a very solid base for asphalt.)
- When capping a driveway our grade crew will cut out and completely remove existing asphalt where the driveway meets concrete slabs and walkways. We do this to avoid creating trip hazards, spots that will hold water, and raveling from feathering the asphalt too thin.